Saturday, January 15, 2011

16 & a New Year

Wow! So much has happened since I last blogged. As many of you know I am running another half marathon in a week. I will be heading down to Carlsbad California this Friday. I will be going by myself and even though it will be sad to leave my family I am excited for it. I found out some great news though. The Carlsbad Marathon picked me to be 1 of 10 people selected for Hero of the Marathon. I am blessed to have been chosen and know that there are many other people that are just as deserving. I also found out that I have been selected to be part of  Youth Leadership Lincoln. They are a group that promotes people of all ages to become leaders in their communities. My group is second semester 10th graders so everyone will be my age and it will be exciting to get to know kids from across the city. I got my drivers license in the mail a couple of days ago. I haven't driven a lot but it is still fun to be able to go places by yourself. The weather has been bad so right now driving is on a hold. Because of all the bad weather we had two snow days which gave us a much needed 5 day weekend. Before all of these snow days though we had finals and I ended the first semester with a 3.95 missing a 4.0 by one percent on one grade. The snow days brought some much needed fun also. My friend Chelsea and I went and played in the snow the first snow day and the second day my friend Hannah and I hung out inside relaxing all day. I will keep you all posted on how next weekend goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment