Thursday, December 23, 2010

A low thought....

As I was sitting in study hall a week or so ago I wrote this down in my phone as I thought of what happened the night before.

As I went to bed last night I had a high bloodsugar...probably because I was off my pump for 3 hours while working out and not dosing for my dinner until after I ate which is unusual for me. I end up regretting this lack of good control when I wake up at 3:30 in the middle of the night with a bg of 34....yes that's not a typo it was 34... this number is not as scary for me normally if I was awake but when I am sleeping and wake up randomly in the middle of the night and am week I have a bit of a panic attack.... for those of you that know me I NEVER I mean NEVER wake up in the middle of the night unless it is from a nightmare... so the fact that I woke up was amazing and I thank God for that because I think it could have gone a lot lower. So I woke up and had to literally force myself to reach for my tester because I felt like I didn't even have enough energy  to move. I scramble around with my tester to finally poke myself and hear the beep to read the number 34 this is about the time when I start yelling for my parents. One of them gets up and goes to the kitchen and brings me a glass of orange juice. I drink it in like .02 seconds... that's the weird thing about me when I get low I feel like I could eat a horse. This feeling usually ends up to me over treating my low more times than not. I then beg for a peanut butter sandwich so back to the kitchen they go and return with a sandwich they then say they will check me in a little bit you may think ohhhh she's better but in my mind I'm terrified and lay in my bed for the next 15 minutes scares to go back to sleep. I then think what will happen when I am alone.... What will happen when my parents aren't there to bring me juice. What will I do? As I start to think about this it scares me!
Also the other day when I was at my friend Hannah's house before we went to volleyball practice practically half asleep on the couch. We both new that I needed to go get my tester and test since it had been awhile and Hannah who is the most loving friend a person could have goes up and gets my tester and tests me. No help! She has the routine down.... It warms my heart and almost makes me cry that I have friends that really care about me and love me. I love her so much....
Goodbye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley...God has a way of taking care of people! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete