Saturday, October 30, 2010

Moments like these....

This summer I climbed a 14,000 ft mountain with Insulindependence, there were 5 adults along with 5 teens all with type one. This trip has literally changed my life.I met amazing people and each one taught me a different lesson. From this trip I learned how to be independent with my diabetes. Also, I learned how much in my life I take for granted, I am always looking for the day to go faster or hoping that it is a certain day so I can go do this or that. On the trip I saw how I need to just stop in life and enjoy that moment because, even though I am only 15, I feel like life has passed by me and I didn't even have time to take it in. I in these 15 years have got to do a lot (thanks mom and dad...you defiantly don't get enough credit) nothing has been out of my reach...whether it was going to Maryland for a diabetes camp or running a half -marathon in Denver I have been given the opportunity to do it. ANYWAYS.... I thought I should talk about this because as I sit at my computer looking through photos of the trip my heart acks.....I miss those memories soooooo much....I don't think words can even describe how much I miss those people. They taught me how to enjoy life and not worry about the small things. I learned that I can do a lot more in my life than I though...In the one week we were together we bonded so much that it seems like I have known them forever. I cant wait for the next time I get to see them.
Here are two videos from the climb...one that I made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4NSMNeasQ4 and one that Insulindependence made http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEoCWTI90Ek&feature=related




1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how many memories got packed into that one week!! Same for Denver and soon to be Carlsbad weekends. I see you on another trip real soon, but as a mentor this time.

    ReplyDelete