Friday, October 22, 2010

What is it like to have a diabetic friend?- by Chelsea

What is it like to have a Diabetic friend?? Well i will tell you. One: its absolutely amazing! She amazes me everyday with what she does. She is such an amazing person. She's smart, shes funny, she makes people smile, she plays sports and she's so loving. You may think its hard to have a friend that's diabetic but really its not. Yeah, she's always poking and prodding herself but if anything its amazing. Its crazy to think that inside of her, something is not working right. She never acts like something is wrong and to be honest if i didn't know her so well I really wouldn't know that she was diabetic. She doesn't complain at all. Her name is Ashlee Jo Ernst and she is the most amazing person i know. She is diabetic and was diagnosed with it at age 9 years old. I think... what if i had diabetes? How different would my life be!? Because of this life disease, her whole life has changed. She has to poke herself and make sure her blood sugar is at the right level. Her life is so complicated because of this disease. Ashlee, is always there for me and makes me smile when I am down. I've known her for 4 years, and the first time I met her I didn't like her. But then 7th grade came along and i really got to know the girl. Sometimes you have to get to know somebody to know who they really are. Well when i got to know Ashlee, my WORLD changed! I started to think of things differently, i started to be more caring and open to people. Another thing that changed was my faith. One thing that crossed my mind was, "Why did god give her diabetes?" Well everything happens for a reason in this life. Ashlee has diabetes for a reason and what is that reason? I don't know completely, but I do know a few reasons. To make a difference in peoples lives, to show everyone what she can do, and to spread Gods love while doing that. God is working through Ashlee in so many amazing ways! Ashlee has changed my perspective of life. Life doesn't last forever. We really aren't on Earth for that long, and Ashlee has to suffer by having diabetes. But what amazes me is that she deals with it, she's not afraid to be herself and has such an amazing personality that can light up the whole room. So the original question was: What is it like to have a Diabetic friend? Well number two, its crazy! She is crazy and wild and fun! She is always herself, she's never afraid to stand out which is an amazing characteristic to have! Would my life be that different without her? Well i say yes, cause without her, i wouldn't have that great smiley face to look at everyday and i wouldn't have a girl who always has my back. She may just be an ordinary girl living in an ordinary world but she's different in so many ways. You know don't know when life is truly over. That's why i never want to lose her as a friend. Ashlee and I love the Nicholas sparks movie. And one of our favorites is The Last Song. I think this movie kind of relates to us. In the movie this girl doesn't give her Dad a chance and just ignores him. When i first met Ashlee, i judged her and didn't give her a chance at first. But then finally I did, and I really got to know the real her. Just like in the movie. Then the girls father got really sick in the movie, just like Ashlee has diabetes, its kind of like being sick. Thinking about me and Ashlee's friendship makes me want to cry. Right now there has been no cure for diabetes but I know one day there will be. Number three: SHE REALLLLLLY AMAZES ME!!! She has overcome so many challenges in life that i wish i could overcome too. She just climbed a mountain this summer, and just this past weekend she ran a half marathon. Not just anyone can run a half marathon! That's a pretty big deal and quite amazing. I'm so proud of her and she probably doesn't realize how proud i seriously am!
I have disappointed Ashlee so many times and I know that. There's times when i wish i never did disappoint her but I did. But I've changed. This summer i got to help a girl that has a disability and it changed my life. Well just that girl, Ashlee has changed my life! Sometimes when people are in love, they wish it would never end and they get this crazy feeling when they're around each other. Well when I'm with my best friend Ashlee, i feel different. Ashlee is a one of a kind friend and no one can ever replace her. Its amazing to have a diabetic friend truthfully! Like i said, she amazes me and I don't know what I would do without her. I never want to disappoint her ever again and I want to show her how much she truly means to me as a friend. Sometimes I think I take life for granted, but to me Ashlee doesn't. She takes life by the horns and really pushes through life even though things can be hard sometimes.
Jeremiah 29:11
       For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
God has amazing plans for Ashlee, I know he does! This is a jist of what its like to have a diabetic friend. I love her so much! <3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment