Friday, October 22, 2010

What is Type 1 Diabetes?

Type 1 Diabetes....Most doctors would tell you that in type 1 diabetes, the body does not produce insulin. Insulin is a hormone that is needed to convert sugar, starches and other food into energy needed for daily life blah blah blah....But what is type 1 diabetes through the eyes of the beholder? What is Type 1 to me?....
To ME it is a disease that leads to late nights because of treating a low blood sugar! To me it means that I have to go to the locker room and test while my teammates are out at practice. To me it means feeling that LOW that nobody else can feel and that you cant describe. To me in means a responsibility that most kids my age don't have to obtain. To me it means getting to meet some of the most amazing people in the world and do some of the most insane thing while others get to lead their "normal" lives. To me it means that I have the opportunity to be a roll model to others! and to me it means a LOT of trials and even more on a good day triumphs. This is diabetes in my eyes it is probably one of my best friends and one of my worst enemies. But this is Type one to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment